Student Printing Refunds

Refund Process

There are two types of refunds with very specific parameters, allowed to NCCU students. They are:

  1. Print credits
  2. Added credit refunds

Note: There will be NO refunds on the $15 per semester credit received by all NCCU students. All refund requests will be reviewed by the administrator. Once the request is sent, a printing administrator is notified. They will review the given information and approve or deny the request as needed within two business days.

Refund of Print Credits

Students can request a print credit within the PaperCut application. Click the link "Recent Print Jobs" in the left-side navigation bar. You will see a list of your recent print jobs. In the Status column, click the link "request refund" for the job that you want credits refunded. Make sure you give the reason for the request.

Note that the refund will go into your printing allocation and not be refunded in cash.

Below are examples for when to request a refund:

  • Paper jam
  • Print quality issues
  • Printer malfunction

Below are examples for when a refund will NOT be issued:

  • User error (I printed the same job twice)
  • Jobs processed by someone else on your account if you leave a machine logged in
  • Printed the same document multiple times
  • Printed the wrong document
  • Printed a slide per page when you intended to print multiple slides to a page
  • Printed to color when you intended to print black and white
  • Printed with sizing or zooming errors
  • Requests submitted with no reason
  • Requests entered more than 24 hours past the print job submission

Added Credit Refunds

Added credits are additional pages that have been purchased by the student and not provided in the semester refresh provided by NCCU.

Added credits are available in the account until they are used or the student leaves NCCU. Students that meet either of the preceding criteria may request an added credit refund. Added credit refunds must:

  • Be requested four days before the end of the semester
  • Be requested before the August 1 reset

Students must be able to show proof of graduation or separation from the university upon request to the printing administrator. To request the refund contact ETAC by calling 530-7676 or submitting a ticket to

Note: There will be no cash refunds, all refunds will be added to the card that the purchase was initiated on.

Was this helpful?
0 reviews


Article ID: 76930
Fri 4/26/19 12:03 PM
Tue 10/20/20 10:49 AM